I hope you've all had a great week and have been keeping an eye on all the activity going on here at the Alagadi Turtle Project.
EXCAVATION TONIGHT 6PM:
- Meet at the Turtle Project Base in Alagadi at 6pm
- Please no flash photography as this does tend to show up the dirt on the volunteers
- The excavation is open to all the public so please feel free to come along;the more the merrier!
- Please no dogs to be brought to the excavation
- Donations are greatly appreciated! - As the hatchling season gets into full swing we're all incredibly busy and with your help we can buy the essential equipment that we need in order to sustain our work here.
It's been another crazy week with both Alagadi 1 and Alagadi 2 having multiple activites during our night work. We've had 11 nests hatch as well as many Green females still coming to the beach to nest. There are obviously still Loggerheads in the area as we've had several Logger FCU's (Falso Crawl U-Turns) but we're yet to see one lay.
Watch this space bloggers, i'm sure the next phase of work is only just getting started so if you're interested in coming to one of our excavations or spending an evening/night with us, pop by our office 'The Goatshed' in Alagadi (follow the signs to Turtle Project) or give us a call on 009 0533 879 8533.